Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How do I know why some records were not uploaded

This is an upload from foxpro to SQL Server.

My package loads about a million records and reject about 5,000 records. The rejected records are routed to a foxpro table.

Is there a way to find out why the records were rejected and sent to the error table?. I need to determine the reason so I can fix the records and try to upload them again.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Try removing the error flow on the destination (sql server) and see what the error message is.|||Turn on verbose logging, and make sure that your error code and error column from your sql destination are part of your error destination.|||

Thanks, for the help. I do I turn on verbose logging?

|||

SQL Server 2005 Books Online

Adding and Configuring Logging

|||

I think you grabbed the wrong url (at least it didn't link up right when I tried to click it)...

Here is the link I saw for adding and configuring logging:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms167456.aspx

Here is a more in depth list of topics on logging:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141727.aspx

|||Yes, that is the one.... thanks Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment