Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How do I load SQL Samples?

Hello,

I am a total beginner to SQL and I'm unable to load the samples. I downloaded the .msi file and installed it but I don't know where to go from here.

Am I importing one of the samples in SQL or do I open them in Visual Basic?

The samples folder has several sub-folders with no executable so I don't know where to begin.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance.

Chris

Try this reference:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/8/6/d865cf0c-c44b-401b-b426-b3bf5c628112/GettingStartedWithSQLSamples.htm

|||

I read that reference and I'm still not sure how to load the samples. I don't know if I'm supposed to open them in VB or SQL and if so, which file?

I navigated to the "samples" folder on my local drive and there are eight folders "analysis services", "engine", "Integrated samples"......"Integration services", "notification services", "replication" and "reporting services.

Not really sure where to start.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Chris

|||

You need to read in Books Online (the SQL Reference) about using the ATTACH keyword.

No comments:

Post a Comment