Friday, March 30, 2012

How do I make Field_B and Field_G to look at Field_A?

My Current Table
Field_A Field_B Field_G
100 Memo Memo
-50 Memo Memo
200 Memo Memo
-100 Memo Memo
How do I make my Field_B and Field_G to Reference/Evaluate Field_A
For Example: If Field_A > 0 then Field_B and Field_G = Debit Memo
If Field_A < 0 then Field_B and Field_G = Credit Memo
I would like to see the result in this Format
Field_A Field_B Field_G
100 Debit Memo Debit Memo
-50 Credit Memo Credit Memo
200 Debit Memo Debit Memo
-100 Credit Memo Credit Memo
Thanks,
JohnYou can create calculated fields.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSCREATE/htm/rcr_creating_structure_objects_v1_8i44.asp
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"John" <John@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:01D9F330-83C3-4E1E-9C3F-002633E38129@.microsoft.com...
> My Current Table
> Field_A Field_B Field_G
> 100 Memo Memo
> -50 Memo Memo
> 200 Memo Memo
> -100 Memo Memo
> How do I make my Field_B and Field_G to Reference/Evaluate Field_A
> For Example: If Field_A > 0 then Field_B and Field_G = Debit Memo
> If Field_A < 0 then Field_B and Field_G = Credit Memo
> I would like to see the result in this Format
> Field_A Field_B Field_G
> 100 Debit Memo Debit Memo
> -50 Credit Memo Credit Memo
> 200 Debit Memo Debit Memo
> -100 Credit Memo Credit Memo
> Thanks,
> John

No comments:

Post a Comment