Friday, March 30, 2012

How do I Modify a Stored Procedure?

I am using the sql server express manager and when I right click on
stored procedure I have a modify option. I use this, make my changes,
and hit save. But is always saves a separate .sql file and never
changes the original stored procedure. What am I doing wrong? How can
I modify the stored procedure in my database? Thank you for any help.
You have to execute the changing script, NOT saving it, which always
saves the script to a file.
HTH; Jens Suessmeyer.
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||Jens wrote:
> You have to execute the changing script, NOT saving it, which always
> saves the script to a file.
> HTH; Jens Suessmeyer.
> --
> http://www.sqlserver2005.de
> --
So you are saying that when I hit modify, change the code, and then hit
Execute (!) and that automatically saves it?
|||needin4mation@.gmail.com wrote:
> Jens wrote:
> So you are saying that when I hit modify, change the code, and then hit
> Execute (!) and that automatically saves it?
>
It's not correct wording to say it's being saved. As Jens says, you'll
have to execute the new stored procedure to get it added to the
database, but that's not the same as saving it...:-). When you save it,
it's being saved as a regular sql file but that will not do anything to
the actual SP in the database.
Regards
Steen
|||right.

No comments:

Post a Comment