Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How do I know when a patch is available for SQL Server?

I installed Service Pack a3. It seems that Windows Automatic Updates is not
able to catch any patch(not sp) for SQL Server. Is there anyway that I can
make the patching automatic(at least notify me when a patch for SQL Server is
available)?
Thanks in advance!
Bo SunI am sure that you don't want the SP auto patched you SQL server!
Sign up with http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx for email
update.
"Bo Sun" <Bo Sun@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:234E0FB7-91CC-4103-9BEF-6F9D067BB44E@.microsoft.com...
>I installed Service Pack a3. It seems that Windows Automatic Updates is not
> able to catch any patch(not sp) for SQL Server. Is there anyway that I can
> make the patching automatic(at least notify me when a patch for SQL Server
> is
> available)?
> Thanks in advance!
> Bo Sun|||> I installed Service Pack a3. It seems that Windows Automatic Updates is
not
> able to catch any patch(not sp) for SQL Server.
This is because most post-SP3a updates are hotfixes for specific
bugs/problems, not security patches (and are not relevant for all users).
You can stay pretty much on top of new hotfixes here:
http://www.aspfaq.com/2160 ...
Remember, also, that windows update is for windows, not SQL Server. I
believe they are planning similar functionality for SQL Server 2005, but
don't hold me to that.
--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)|||Hi
Patching SQL Server is currently not possible with Windows Update. This may
change in the future.
Regards
Mike
"Bo Sun" wrote:
> I installed Service Pack a3. It seems that Windows Automatic Updates is not
> able to catch any patch(not sp) for SQL Server. Is there anyway that I can
> make the patching automatic(at least notify me when a patch for SQL Server is
> available)?
> Thanks in advance!
> Bo Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment