Friday, March 30, 2012

How Do I Manage a Report Header

In a post titled "Report Header Only on First Page", Charles Kangai replied
that:
"It sounds like you have used a page header rather than a report header in
your report. A report header automatically does what you are wanting to do.
To create a report header, just place a textbox above your data region and
type in the text for your header. It will automatically appear only on the
first page."
I'll be danged if I can find the Report Header option in SRS. I have a Page
Header and I also need a Report Header. Can anyone help, please
Thank you,
msflinxReport Header and Footer is hidden by Default in Designer. Go to "Report" on
the Menu and You can See "Report header" and "Report Footer" options. Click
on the options to enable it.
--
THANKS & PLEASE RATE THE POSTING.
--RAVI--
"msflinx" wrote:
> In a post titled "Report Header Only on First Page", Charles Kangai replied
> that:
> "It sounds like you have used a page header rather than a report header in
> your report. A report header automatically does what you are wanting to do.
> To create a report header, just place a textbox above your data region and
> type in the text for your header. It will automatically appear only on the
> first page."
> I'll be danged if I can find the Report Header option in SRS. I have a Page
> Header and I also need a Report Header. Can anyone help, please
> Thank you,
> msflinx|||I see "Page Header" & "Page Footer". I do not see "Report Header" & "Report
Footer". I'm using SRS2000. Is this a SRS2005 only option?
Thanks,
msflinx
"Ravi" wrote:
> Report Header and Footer is hidden by Default in Designer. Go to "Report" on
> the Menu and You can See "Report header" and "Report Footer" options. Click
> on the options to enable it.
> --
> THANKS & PLEASE RATE THE POSTING.
> --RAVI--
>
> "msflinx" wrote:
> > In a post titled "Report Header Only on First Page", Charles Kangai replied
> > that:
> >
> > "It sounds like you have used a page header rather than a report header in
> > your report. A report header automatically does what you are wanting to do.
> > To create a report header, just place a textbox above your data region and
> > type in the text for your header. It will automatically appear only on the
> > first page."
> >
> > I'll be danged if I can find the Report Header option in SRS. I have a Page
> > Header and I also need a Report Header. Can anyone help, please
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > msflinx|||Actually in RS2005, when you click on Report, you see "Page Header" and
"Page Footer", not the report header and footer.
"Ravi" <ravishankart@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:CB7C7C32-2911-4977-8D94-5B9EFD3EEDBB@.microsoft.com...
> Report Header and Footer is hidden by Default in Designer. Go to "Report"
> on
> the Menu and You can See "Report header" and "Report Footer" options.
> Click
> on the options to enable it.
> --
> THANKS & PLEASE RATE THE POSTING.
> --RAVI--
>
> "msflinx" wrote:
>> In a post titled "Report Header Only on First Page", Charles Kangai
>> replied
>> that:
>> "It sounds like you have used a page header rather than a report header
>> in
>> your report. A report header automatically does what you are wanting to
>> do.
>> To create a report header, just place a textbox above your data region
>> and
>> type in the text for your header. It will automatically appear only on
>> the
>> first page."
>> I'll be danged if I can find the Report Header option in SRS. I have a
>> Page
>> Header and I also need a Report Header. Can anyone help, please
>> Thank you,
>> msflinx|||Are you using a table?
--
THANKS & PLEASE RATE THE POSTING.
--RAVI--
"msflinx" wrote:
> I see "Page Header" & "Page Footer". I do not see "Report Header" & "Report
> Footer". I'm using SRS2000. Is this a SRS2005 only option?
> Thanks,
> msflinx
> "Ravi" wrote:
> > Report Header and Footer is hidden by Default in Designer. Go to "Report" on
> > the Menu and You can See "Report header" and "Report Footer" options. Click
> > on the options to enable it.
> >
> > --
> > THANKS & PLEASE RATE THE POSTING.
> > --RAVI--
> >
> >
> > "msflinx" wrote:
> >
> > > In a post titled "Report Header Only on First Page", Charles Kangai replied
> > > that:
> > >
> > > "It sounds like you have used a page header rather than a report header in
> > > your report. A report header automatically does what you are wanting to do.
> > > To create a report header, just place a textbox above your data region and
> > > type in the text for your header. It will automatically appear only on the
> > > first page."
> > >
> > > I'll be danged if I can find the Report Header option in SRS. I have a Page
> > > Header and I also need a Report Header. Can anyone help, please
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > msflinx|||Sorry for the delay in answering. Had a "child emergency" and had to leave
the office.
Yes, I am using a table.
"Ravi" wrote:
> Are you using a table?
> --
> THANKS & PLEASE RATE THE POSTING.
> --RAVI--
>
> "msflinx" wrote:
> > I see "Page Header" & "Page Footer". I do not see "Report Header" & "Report
> > Footer". I'm using SRS2000. Is this a SRS2005 only option?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > msflinx
> >
> > "Ravi" wrote:
> >
> > > Report Header and Footer is hidden by Default in Designer. Go to "Report" on
> > > the Menu and You can See "Report header" and "Report Footer" options. Click
> > > on the options to enable it.
> > >
> > > --
> > > THANKS & PLEASE RATE THE POSTING.
> > > --RAVI--
> > >
> > >
> > > "msflinx" wrote:
> > >
> > > > In a post titled "Report Header Only on First Page", Charles Kangai replied
> > > > that:
> > > >
> > > > "It sounds like you have used a page header rather than a report header in
> > > > your report. A report header automatically does what you are wanting to do.
> > > > To create a report header, just place a textbox above your data region and
> > > > type in the text for your header. It will automatically appear only on the
> > > > first page."
> > > >
> > > > I'll be danged if I can find the Report Header option in SRS. I have a Page
> > > > Header and I also need a Report Header. Can anyone help, please
> > > >
> > > > Thank you,
> > > >
> > > > msflinx

No comments:

Post a Comment