Sunday, February 19, 2012

How do I determine the Backup Date of a restored Database from a backup File

Hi All,
I am in a delima here. I have to a few backups restored from a set of
backup file. The backup files have been removed from the drive because
of some storage constrains...
For some data comparison reasons, I need to figure out the actual date
of these backup files that is used to restore these databases. Is
there any system table I can query to figure the actual backup times
of these databases...
Any help will be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance.
- AravinHello,
Take a look into below system tables in MSDB database.
BACKUPSET
BACKUPFILE
Please do not post seperately in different groups.
Thanks
Hari
"Query Builder" <querybuilder@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1170302235.450584.73840@.a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hi All,
> I am in a delima here. I have to a few backups restored from a set of
> backup file. The backup files have been removed from the drive because
> of some storage constrains...
> For some data comparison reasons, I need to figure out the actual date
> of these backup files that is used to restore these databases. Is
> there any system table I can query to figure the actual backup times
> of these databases...
> Any help will be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance.
> - Aravin
>|||... and there are also similar RESTORE tables in the msdb database.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Hari Prasad" <hari_prasad_k@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OnTgkxbRHHA.4844@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> Take a look into below system tables in MSDB database.
> BACKUPSET
> BACKUPFILE
>
> Please do not post seperately in different groups.
>
> Thanks
> Hari
> "Query Builder" <querybuilder@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1170302235.450584.73840@.a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> Hi All,
>> I am in a delima here. I have to a few backups restored from a set of
>> backup file. The backup files have been removed from the drive because
>> of some storage constrains...
>> For some data comparison reasons, I need to figure out the actual date
>> of these backup files that is used to restore these databases. Is
>> there any system table I can query to figure the actual backup times
>> of these databases...
>> Any help will be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance.
>> - Aravin
>

No comments:

Post a Comment