Friday, February 24, 2012

How do I edit a query through code?

Hi!

Can someone tell me how or where I can find information on editind an SQL query through code?

I want to be able to run a user-defined lookup, where the user can choose what the query will look for.

Thanks in advance.

Guy

Your description is not very detailed. Do you want to create a dynamic query ?

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||Hi!

Thanks for the advice.

I was in a rush when I posted that, but I can provide some more detail now.

I want to make a query, where the user can change what the search criteria is.

I want the user to enter a string literal value from a text box or drop-down list, and then view the query with that criteria.

This needs to be done through code, and ideally work in Visual Web Developer as well as Visual Basic.

Thanks.

|||

check this

http://www.sommarskog.se/dynamic_sql.html

Madhu

|||

Hi.

Thanks for that link.

I will have a look when I have time.

Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment