Sunday, February 19, 2012

How do I display the day name instead of the day #

Hi,

I created a Time Dimension and ended up with the following (as shown in the attached image). The problem is that when I go to the Day level, I see numbers e.g. 1, 2, ..., 31. Instead I want to display the Weekday Name e.g. Monday, Tueday and so on (i.e. what we get with the datename(dw,<date>) function. Right?)

However I am not sure what to change and where in order to get the desired results. Can someone kindly guide me.

Thanks.use:
datename(dw,"dbo"."TimeDimension"."TheDate")

ie

select datename(dw,getdate())|||use:
datename(dw,"dbo"."TimeDimension"."TheDate")


Hi hirshal.

I tried entering the above in the Member Name Column and the Member Key column but did not get the desired effect :(

Can you kindly guide? Do I need to enter the above quoted formula in both fields (Member Name Column and Member Key column) or in only one of these?

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment