Sunday, February 19, 2012

How do i display a checkbox on a report?

Hi,
I've been trying to display a checkbox on a report using unicode text eg. ? (U+2616) (Arial Unicode MS). I get the error: BC30037: Character is not valid. I have read somewhere about using html formatting to display it, how could this be done?
Is there any thing else i could do?

Thanks,
Sam.I've managed to fix the error, simple mistake. Why is it there are very few controls in reporting services compared with access? Is it possible to create custom controls for reports?
Thanks.|||I've been trying to show a boolean value in the database on the report with either a checkbox, Yes/No, or something easyfor a non-technical user to read.(definitely not True/False) Can you please tell me how to put together the expression with the dataset valuse? How to display unicode characters?|||

I got my solution finally. Stupid me that didn't know I can open up the expression editor to choose functions from, and didn't know I can right-click the field to open up expression editor.

Thanks anyway.

|||

I"m interested in seeing your solution. Can you post as reply to this thread? I'll bet a lot of us report designers could use this little tidbit.

thanks,

|||

please post the code for this issue.

thanks.

|||

textbox
set properties
Borderstyle
Default = Solid
Font
FontFamily = Wingdings2

Expression
Value =iif( Fields!....Value = "True", "P", "" )

No comments:

Post a Comment