Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How do I give a user access to SQL Server?

Hi all

I tried using my administrator account to add SQLServer as an ODBC Connection, but for some reason when it tries authenticating it fails and the reason is that the user is not trusted to use that connection. Yet on my account i've created on my domain works perfectly.

I've added a new user in SQL Enterprise manager, but i still get that error.

How do I set the user to be trusted to use the connection?

Any and as many assists on this would be great.

Kr33

[edit] - Hmm, actually, I may be misunderstanding the question. I'm going to move this question into the Data Access forum which hopefully can provide better support:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=87&SiteID=1

Sung

|||its better here in the Sql server security section|||

there are two types of login in SQL server

1. the NT login which is used when your server is configured

to use "windows Only" authentication

2. and The SQL server login which is used when your server is configured

to used mixed mode authentication. example of which is the SA login. this is usefull

if your accepting user that not authenticated through windows such as linux user

To configure you server to be on mixed mode authentication. open SQL Enterprise manager

expand the treeview until you reach the desired server. Right click the server. clcik on properties

clcik on security. Then choose "sql server and windows" in the authentication option

note that you can use SA only when you turn on this option

|||Whats your connection string ? If you are not sure about changing the authentication type, you can have a look at my screencasts on my site which will show you how to administer your SQL Server for the change of the authentication mode.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment